22/07/2023 - 'Thank you' by David

Thank you so so much for all your kind words and wishes following my diagnosis this week. It really is a strange feeling being given such disastrous news and obviously I have felt negative emotions like anger, frustration and hopelessness but amazingly I also feel confident, determined and postive.

I have the chance to make every day count with my family and friends and I now look at life from a different perspective. 

As Alice and I walked home from just hearing the worst news possible, it started to rain and and minutes later it turned to a torrential downpour. As people turned their collars and scurried along for cover, I slowed down, turned my face up to the sky and let it soak into me and it felt good, really good! 

There will come a day when I will never feel the rain, sun, wind or snow on my face ever again so until that day comes I will grab and embrace everything with a smile x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11/02/2024 - 'The highest of highs and the lowest of lows' by Alice

18/02/2024 - 'My running days are finally over' by David

26/11/2023 - 'What is MND and what does it feel like?' by David